The Virchow Foundation for Global Health in Berlin is looking for a full time Communication & Partnerships Manager (m/f/d). Anticipated start in July 2022.
The newly established Virchow Foundation for Global Health is a private foundation, which strives to promote and anchor awareness of global health issues, both nationally and internationally, and contribute to the improvement of health worldwide. A key pillar of the Foundation’s activities includes the awarding of the Virchow Prize for Global Health, a prestigious award which honours lifetime achievements with a sustainable impact on the broad field of global health. The Prize will be awarded for the first time on October 15, 2022.
The Communication & Partnerships Manager will support the creation and implementation of a high-level digital campaign strategy to increase the visibility of the Virchow Prize for Global Health. This includes developing original content and engaging with both internal and external stakeholders to promote the Virchow Prize for Global Health. The candidate would also allocate support for administrative and programme tasks within the Foundation and for the Virchow Prize Ceremony.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the creation and implementation of a pre-event campaign, drawing attention to the upcoming Virchow Prize Ceremony and key dates.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating social media calendars.
- Take ownership and management of all social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to increase visibility and brand awareness.
- Planning, developing, and managing original and relevant content for target audiences across all social media channels. This includes showcasing member profiles of the Foundation strategic bodies, upcoming important dates and future laureates.
- Translate promotional content to the Virchow Foundation newsletter and send out to subscribers and partners.
- Staying up to date on global health news and trends and translating into creative social content.
- Work with external partners and collaborators in developing original content as well as fostering new relationships to find success stories or activities relevant to our audience.
- Support in the development of press releases and work with external colleagues to disseminate to targeted media contacts and partners.
- Material preparation and award ceremony support; serve as the link between the Foundation and relevant partners on external communications and graphic design topics.
- Administrative support for the Virchow Foundation, including maintaining distribution lists and setting up contact databases, maintaining the Activities Report, preparation of presentations and external communication materials, including PowerPoint and graphics.
- Administrative support for the Virchow Prize for Global Health, including processing nominations and serving as the link for the Virchow Prize Committee and external engagement.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Good knowledge and interest in global health and sustainability. Previous experience required.
- Experienced in social media and marketing; enjoys the visual design and content structuring of marketing and presentation graphics. Previous online campaign experience preferred.
- Experienced in WordPress
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in German and English. Capabilities in other languages an asset.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Outstanding organisational, time, and project management skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Small, collaborative team in an academic and diverse working environment. Our office is located in the centre of Berlin.
- Access to an international, high-ranking network of global health experts.
- Involvement with an international and high-level global health community
- The opportunity to play a key role in shaping the communications strategy and international recognition of both the Virchow Foundation and Virchow Prize for Global Health.
- Flexible working conditions and freedom to contribute your ideas.
- Competitive salary
- Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications, regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
If you believe you could be a great fit to the team, we want to hear from you! Please submit your online application to firstname.lastname@example.org .